Byron Police Department

Byron, Georgia

Vacant House Program

When you are on vacation or away from home in excess of 24 hours, you can contact the Byron Police Department at 478-956-2880 to report your home vacant.  You will be asked a series of questions which include:

Your Name

Your Address

The dates you will be away

An Emergency Contact Phone Number

Whether or not that Emergency Contact person has a key to your home

Whether or not you have an Alarm System

If you have lights on timers

And any other specific instructions you would like the Police to know

Based on this information, the Byron Police Department will assign a patrol officer to check your home in your absence.

When you return, please contact the Byron Police Department to let us know that you no longer need this service.


Return to Previous Page